Researchers, Visual analytics, Smarter Cities Technology Centre
The Smarter Cities Technology Centre (SCTC) at IBM's Dublin Research Laboratory, Ireland is accepting applications for full-time researchers in the area of visual analytics.
[There is no application submission deadline associated with these positions. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until positions are filled.]
We are hiring researchers who specialize in the visualization of spatial and spatio-temporal data and tools for visual analytics, exploratory data analysis, problem solving, and decision making.
The successful candidate will develop novel interactive systems for visual analysis and communication that leverage a combination of compelling visualization and data analysis tools in order to gain actionable intelligence and insights from large data collections.
Research will be conducted in the context of industry data and challenges, such as transportation, energy, social media analytics and effective natural resource management.
In these domains, real-time, interactive, and incremental visualization tools are of special interest.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with visualization programming environments such as IBM ILOG Visualization Software, Processing, HTML5, dojo, Java, Adobe Flex, and a basic knowledge of data mining and data analytics techniques.
The successful research candidate must have demonstrated ability to define research plans, carry out leading research, and publish research results through professional journals, academic conferences, and patents. As a researcher you will be expected to organize challenging problems, develop new solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure these solutions have a significant impact.
- A stimulating, cross-disciplinary environment in a leading research organization,
- Opportunities for a unique combination of scientific and industrial research into real-world problems
- Excellent ties to academic and industrial research labs worldwide
- Up-to-date infrastructure and resources
- The ability to take part in large-scale international research projects Required
- Doctorate Degree
- At least 3 years experience in the areas of visualization and analytics
- At least 1 year experience in publication in top-tier research conferences and journals
- At least 2 years experience in programming in Java and C/C++
- English: Fluent
- At least 2 years experience in exploratory data analysis
You can read more about us at:
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Oszd meg a Facebookon