CfP: Sustainable development in Trade Agreements: EU and Post-Brexit UK Perspectives
11 October 2017, Queen’s University Belfast
This TREUP/CETLS workshop aims to provide law, political science and international relations scholars the opportunity to explore and discuss various issues surrounding the interaction between trade liberalisation and sustainable development in the framework of EU trade agreements.
Suggested themes include but are not limited to:
- Sustainable development as an EU constitutional foreign policy objective impacting on trade policy;
- Exploring the rationale behind sustainable development FTA provisions: integrated approach towards economic, social development and environmental protection or disguised protectionism;
- Sustainable development provisions in FTAs from a comparative perspective;
- Implementation and (non)enforcement of sustainable development provisions in EU FTAs;
- Post-Brexit EU-UK trade relations and sustainable development.
Submission Deadline for Abstracts: Friday 16 June 2017
Abstracts should be 200-300 words in length. Abstracts and a short biographical note of 5 lines should be submitted on-line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions on the concept of the seminar can also be addressed to Dr. Billy Melo Araujo (email@example.com).
The participation of public administrators, civil society representatives, students and other interested individuals and/or organisations is most welcome.
Oszd meg a Facebookon